Gympie Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Gympie?
Tourism is a vital industry in the state of Queensland, especially in and around the scenic city of Gympie. The city of Gympie is located in the southeastern part of the state, and it is known for its rich history, beautiful landscapes, and friendly communities. In this article, we will explore some of the best tourist attractions in and around the city of Gympie that are worth visiting.
1. Gympie Gold Mining & Historical Museum - This museum is a must-visit for anyone who wishes to learn more about the rich history of the city of Gympie. The museum features exhibits about the city's gold mining past, as well as other artifacts and displays relating to the city's history. The museum is open from Monday to Sunday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, and the contact number is +61 7 5482 2099.
2. Gympie Regional Gallery - If you are an art lover, you will enjoy visiting the Gympie Regional Gallery. The gallery features a wide range of artworks by local and regional artists, and it hosts regular exhibitions throughout the year. The gallery is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and the contact number is +61 7 5481 0733.
3. Mary Valley Rattler - The Mary Valley Rattler is a popular tourist attraction that runs through the scenic Mary Valley. Visitors can enjoy a nostalgic steam train ride through the countryside and stop at various stations to explore the local areas. The train runs on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and the contact number is +61 7 5482 2750.
4. Noosa National Park - Noosa National Park is a stunning natural park that is located about an hour's drive from the city of Gympie. The park features beautiful coastal views, diverse wildlife, and hiking trails. Visitors can enjoy swimming, surfing, picnicking, and birdwatching, among other activities. The contact number is +61 7 5485 3100.
5. Fraser Island - Fraser Island is the world's largest sand island and a popular tourist destination in Queensland. Visitors can enjoy exploring the island's many natural attractions, including beaches, lakes, and rainforests. There are various tour operators that offer guided tours of the island, and the contact number for information is +61 7 5483 7688.
6. Rainbow Beach - Rainbow Beach is a seaside town located about an hour's drive south of the city of Gympie. The town is famous for its colorful sand cliffs, and visitors can enjoy swimming, surfing, and fishing at its beautiful beaches. There are various cafes and shops in Rainbow Beach, and the contact number for information is +61 7 5486 3077.
7. Kilkivan - Kilkivan is a small town located about 20 minutes' drive west of the city of Gympie. The town is known for its country charm and historic sites, including the Kilkivan Railway Station and the Kilkivan Great Horse Ride. Visitors can enjoy exploring the town's cafes and shops and learning about its rich history. The contact number for information is +61 7 5484 1050.
the city of Gympie and its surrounding areas offer a wide range of tourist attractions that are worth visiting. From museums and art galleries to natural parks and beaches, there is something for everyone in and around this beautiful city. Visitors can explore the city's rich history, admire its stunning landscapes, and enjoy the hospitality of its friendly communities. Contact information for each attraction is provided above, so be sure to call ahead and plan your visit to these amazing destinations.
Gympie Tourism Articles