Gympie Local Services
Gympie ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Gympie site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Gympie Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Gympie When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Gympie Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Gympie Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Gympie ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Gympie and a Place to Meet
The gympie.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Gympie
Gympie is a charming city located in Southeast Queensland, Australia. It is set in the idyllic Mary Valley, surrounded by rolling hills and scenic countryside. Here are some interesting facts about this picturesque city:
- Gympie is known as the "town that saved Queensland" because it played a significant role in the state's economy during the gold rush era in the late 1800s. The discovery of gold in 1867 triggered a rush of prospectors to the area, making Gympie one of the richest gold fields in the world at the time.
- One of the most iconic landmarks in Gympie is the Mary Valley Rattler, a heritage steam train that takes visitors on a scenic journey through the countryside. The train was originally used to transport timber and passengers between Gympie and the coastal town of Maryborough. After being decommissioned in 1995, it was restored and reopened as a tourist attraction in 2018.
- Gympie has a rich cultural heritage, with many historic buildings and sites that date back to the early settlement period. Some of the must-see landmarks include the Gympie Gold Mining and Historical Museum, the Woodworks Museum, and the Gympie Station, which is the oldest railway station in Queensland.
- The city is also home to a vibrant arts scene, with many local galleries showcasing the works of talented artists and artisans. The annual Gympie Regional Gallery Exhibition is a must-visit event for art lovers.
- Gympie is surrounded by natural beauty, from the rolling hills of the Mary Valley to the picturesque beaches of Tin Can Bay and Rainbow Beach. The area is also home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including the endangered Mary River turtle and the iconic Gympie Messmate tree.
- The city has a thriving agricultural industry, with many local farmers producing a wide range of delicious produce, including avocados, macadamias, and dairy products. Visitors can sample the local fare at the Gympie Farmers Market, held every Wednesday and Saturday in the city center.
These are just a few of the interesting facts about Gympie, Queensland, Australia. Whether you're interested in history, culture, nature, or food, this charming city has something for everyone.